Sunday, August 05, 2007

Restaurant de Mangakoea


On Thursday night we dined in style for Kendall's birthday. The restaurant had only been open a matter hours and we were the VIP guests.

I have since heard the place has been closed down as MAF had not approved all menu items. I managed to get a copy of the menu and must admit there were some strange items, but what I ordered was fabulous so couldn't complain. James was the only one daring to walk a little on the 'wild side', it was unfortunate that some dishes were seasonal so he was unable to experience the Mashed Horse head brains with fresh straw and raw carrots, or the raw turnips, poisonous toadstools and daisies that accompanied the main course. He did have a rather interesting soup, however after one or two mouthfuls, sent it back to the kitchen. He is rather fussy.


Dessert was the 'piece de resistance', homemade chocolate squares with whipped cream and marshmallow, garnished with caramel creme and Chocolate icec ream. No complaints on that one!

No comments: